Sustainability Project Coordinator – Toronto, Ontario
Looking to build a great career in the green building industry?
Green Reason is a sustainable building consulting and project management firm that was founded on the belief that all projects, small or large, should be created, implemented and operated with minimal impact to the environment. We do not have a sustainable division—we are a sustainable company.
We provide an extensive range of services to clients from project management to program development and management to LEED®, WELL, BOMA, Green Globes Consulting and Occupant Engagement. We offer a uniquely personalized approach to each project, working together with our clients to help them establish goals and ensure that these goals can be achieved within budget and schedule while providing long-term stakeholder value.
We are looking for people who share our philosophy about buildings and building operations and want to help us help our clients develop and achieve their project goals. The successful applicant must be able to work in an evolving, collaborative, professional yet informal environment and handle a multitude of various tasks and projects both self-initiated and in a team environment. You will be working with clients, consultants and contractors to facilitate solutions for a variety of projects. Creative thinking, sustainable building knowledge, accountability, enthusiasm, drive and a commitment to learning, to our clients and to our team are a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Managers in all aspects of project administration to ensure projects run smoothly with the goal of taking on your own projects
- Product and technology research and cataloguing
- Prepare and deliver presentations for contractors and clients
- Prepare, review and edit specifications
- Provide quality control reviews through all project phases
- Attend site meetings, conduct site reviews/audits and prepare associated reports
- Review, assess and track submittals from project and construction teams
- Assist project managers in obtaining information from clients, consultants and contractors
- Manage project documentation including ensuring all required project documents are obtained and properly organized and distributed
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
- Assist Project Managers in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, RFP’s, tenders, budgets, cash flow projections, accruals and preliminary schedules
- Prepare Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc.
- Track & manage site instructions, contemplated change notices and change orders
- Prepare project organization and communication charts, submittal logs, action logs, etc.
- Attend meetings and produce and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner\
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Keep the Project Manager and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Support our team in achieving project deliverables and desired outcomes
Required Skills and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in architecture, construction, project management, sustainable building, environmental studies or a related field
- Highly effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Basic mathematics and understanding of accounting principles an asset
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project and Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Photoshop an asset
- LEED® Accredited Professional with specialty designation an asset (achieving and maintaining professional accreditation will be a condition of continued employment)
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.