BES, B.Arch., MRAIC, LEED® AP BD+C, WELL AP, CPHD
If you can design and build it better, why wouldn’t you? This is a principle that Alan has carried throughout his career. Moving from Architecture to Project and Construction Management, Alan gained extensive experience in the building industry but grew disillusioned with the “business as usual” approach to commercial building design and construction.
Believing that change in the industry required education from within, Alan founded Green Reason to offer clients smarter, more sustainable building solutions. With passion, a strong work ethic, knowledge, integrity and attention to detail, he built the reputation of Green Reason as a firm that takes the success of clients’ projects to heart. His comprehensive understanding of multiple green building standards, building design, operations, construction processes, and project management principles ensures he is able to offer balanced solutions for all his clients. From strategy development to meet clients’ sustainability goals, to simply improving their operations, Alan takes pride in helping them make informed, smart choices.
When not working (which admittedly is not often), Alan is content discussing the state of the world with his young daughter who is Alan’s own “green reason” for doing what he does.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Pre-professional Architecture), University of Waterloo School of Architecture, 1992
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Waterloo School of Architecture, 1994
- LEED® Accredited Professional Building Design + Construction
- WELL Accredited Professional
- Certified Passive House Designer
Memberships and Associations
- CaGBC (Canada Green Building Council)
- United States Green Building Council
- Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
- Toronto Society of Architects
- International Passive House Association
- Passive House Canada