Sustainability Consultant – Toronto, Ontario
Green Reason is a sustainable project management firm that provides integrated sustainable program development, program and project management, sustainability consulting and ongoing training and education services for a variety of clients and projects. Our projects range from project management of building infrastructure upgrades to a full range of sustainability consulting services including contractor support, occupant engagement, energy design and audits, custom program development, LEED, WELL, fitwel, BOMA, Green Globes, TGS and other sustainability rating systems. We offer a uniquely personalized approach to each project, working together with our clients to help them establish goals that make sense for their project, ensure that these goals can be achieved within their budgets and can provide ongoing value in the future.
We are looking for people who share our philosophy about buildings, how they are operated, how they affect their occupants and the environment at large and want to help us help our clients develop and achieve their project goals. The successful applicant must be able to work in an evolving, collaborative, professional yet informal environment and handle a multitude of various tasks and projects both self-initiated and in a team environment. You will be responsible for working with clients, other consultants and contractors to facilitate project solutions and provide project coordination/management for a variety of projects. You will have the required skills and experience and be comfortable accepting responsibility for project deliverables and outcomes. Creative thinking, an understanding of building design, construction and operation, enthusiasm for improving the built environment and a commitment to ongoing research and education is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the client to define project targets and success factors
- Manage project teams, accepting responsibility for deliverables & outcomes
- Guide the client team in evaluating green building design strategies
- Become an active and valued member of integrated design teams
- Provide technical analysis/support during the design & construction process
- Maintain an advisory role to clients, offering technical expertise
- Manage the sustainable building rating/certification process
- Make contributions to knowledge management and quality control practices
- Contribute to the integration, coaching and development of employees
- Support the Project Managers in all aspects of project administration to ensure projects run smoothly
- Product and technology research and cataloguing
- Prepare and deliver presentations for contractors and clients
- Prepare, review and edit specifications
- Provide quality control reviews through all project phases
- Attend site meetings, conduct site reviews/audits and prepare associated reports
- Review, assess and track submittals from project and construction teams
- Assist project managers in obtaining information from clients, consultants and contractors
- Prepare project organization and communication charts, submittal logs, action logs, etc.
- Ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Keep the Project Manager and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations or project outcomes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educational background or equivalent years of experience in architecture, engineering, construction management etc.
- Successful candidate must be a LEED Accredited Professional
- 3+ years progressive experience in LEED project coordination
- Experience (or familiarity plus confidence) with LEED v4, particularly New Construction, Core & Shell, Commercial Interiors
- Ability to work with design teams through predesign to construction documents, including architectural and engineering credits
- Experience in energy modelling including understanding factors affecting energy performance and modelling outcomes
- Understanding and/or experience with Lifecycle Assessment
- Understanding and/or experience with passive design
- Experience (preferred) and/or familiarity with WELL
- Experience (preferred) and/or familiarity with Toronto Green Standard
- Confidence and accuracy with quantitative analysis, spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, project teams, CaGBC etc., in both written (emails, narratives, memos) and spoken (meetings, presentations, conference calls) forms
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.